I am not sure I understood your problem correctly but I'll take a stab at it
based on what I think I understand.

I have understood:-

1) That these tickets were assigned to A, B and C support groups

2) They had no individual assignees at that time.

3) You reassigned to support groups D, E and F

4) Under these you assigned to one individual common to all 3

4) Now you want to reassign to A, B and C.

Is that it? I think you could do that if this individual assignee was a
member of A, B and C as well.

If that is not the case and you want it to go to some other individual
assignee, are they a part of D, E and F? If not they would need to be.

If I  have completely misunderstood, then you may want to further clarify as
to what you meant by 'previous assignee'.

Cheers

Joe

PS: You may probably get more responses if you put an appropriate title /
subject to your email. Help needed is so generic - everyones here for some
help - except maybe John Sunderburg (I'm kididng!).. An appropriate subject
for this might have been something like Help with ticket reassignment or
something like that.. It would attract readers who have experience with that
specific area..

  _____