Overlays was one of the first thing I wanted to ask when I read your
original email but thought I'd wade through the list in case someone already
pointed that out..

You mentioned you want to stay away from overlays. Any specific reasons why?

Personally I feel it's a great tool, and not using it might eventually get
you to a spot where it might be very hard for you to reconcile your system
to a state where they are actually useful,  in case you'll eventually do
decide to use overlays.

I see only pros to leveraging the use of overlays, the only con being they
can be a pain in the rear sometimes (especially with the 7.6.04 version)
with some of the 'extra' steps you need to do in order to even implement a
small change. But those steps are worth the few extra seconds / minutes you
spend on them I think.

Joe

  _____