Lisa,
It's quite simple actually.  The Date/Time that is stored in a Date/Time
field is correct and adjusts based on the client view of data (what
tz/dst/etc) is currently in effect.  The values stored in character fields
(the right hand box in your image) is just that, text, and doesn't adjust
for anything.  I don't think there is anything you can do to 'fix' this
unfortunately.