Hi,
I came across this problem before in version 7.5. It was frustrating but we
managed to find a workaround for this.
Before Class Manager, go to your server configuration in Administration
Console and enable 'Development Cache Mode' and select 'Cache only Display
Server Properties'. You will need to restart the server to apply the
changes. Once that is done, open class manager and add in your attribute.
If you like to see the progress, turn on the SQL logs.
Give it a try and see if it works for you. Don't forget to reset back your
configuration once you are done.

cheers.