John,
I have often wanted to ask you this question

'What is it that the BMC Provided SSO doesn't offer that your solution does'

I don't want this to be a marketing sales pitch for your product by any
means, but you consistently balk at the community sso solution, and allude
to its vulnerabilities, but you and I have never sat down (in private, or
in a public forum such as this) and discussed what some of those
vulnerabilities are and what problems they can cause.

At a previous job I implemented SSO using the community example.  I
utilized Tomcat on Solaris, and because of that I couldn't use IIS
passthrough of the credentials, so I ended up using SPNEGO (
http://spnego.sourceforge.net/) to provide Kerberos authentication to
Tomcat and even though it was relatively complicated to setup, once setup
it was pretty solid with very few issues.

At my current job there is a modified version of the same community plugin
in place that is using the IIS passthrough and works just as well.

Earlier today I was told about a tool named 'Waffle' (
https://github.com/dblock/waffle) which seems to be similar to SPNEGO that
I used previously, but a bit more flexible and if I was still at my old
job, I might consider utilizing it.

Now, my understanding regarding one of your complaints about the community
SSO is that it uses request responses and the 'getRemoteUser' function to
provide the user ID to the plugin, which is then passed between the web
server and the app server for authentication.

Why is that a vulnerability?

I look forward to your response.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM, John Baker <jba...@javasystemsolutions.com