Christopher-

I am on 7.6.04 SP2 and ran into the same thing recently. We have plenty of
messages that go out with variables being evaluated properly in the Subject
field however when I was adding a notification action to a filter recently it
just would not evaluate field X in the Subject but it evaluated it no problem
in the Body of the message. It wasn't mission critical and I didn't have the
cycles to spend running it down at the time.

I had thought that for a field to be sent out in an e-mail notification it must
have Public permissions, however field X is evaluated in the Body even without
Public permissions. Below is an example of what I am seeing, the value of the
Request ID should be just before the hyphen in the Subject.

Subject:
Support Request  - Work History Update Received

Body:
A Work History Update was received for support request ABCD00000001701

The subject line should have instead been "Support Request ABCD00000001701 -
Work History Update Received".

-Rick

Rick Westbrock
QMX Support Services