Thanks Dale. This enables the server to behave just like the desktop OS
does which is needed to map the drive.
This was at a previous client so I may not try this unless I have the
opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 2, 2013, at 5:42 PM, Dale Hurtt <dale_hu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

**
I found this: The document library shared by SharePoint server is not a
real Shared Folder; it is shared through Web folders. In order to access the
web folder you need to have WebClient service installed and running on the
machine which you want to access the web folder from. By default Windows
Server 2008 does not have that service installed. To install the WebClient
on Windows server 2008 , do the followings:

1. Start the server manager on your server
2. Select the Feature node from the left hand side nodes.
3. On right hand side, select Add Feature.
4. On the popup screen, select “Desktop Experience” checkbox then click on
Next.
5. Click on Install, the installation process will take like 5 min (that
depends on server hardware)
6. After installation process finish, close the dialog box
7. After installing the Service, you need to restart your server.

Hope that helps with both of your issues.

Dale Hurtt