From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of team.rem...@libero.it
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: R: Re: Define a new "Assignment Method".

Hi Adhwari,
Thank you so much... i agree with you !!!

"that is the question!"
...my customer asked me to develop an automatic system that, if Assignee (in
the Assigment tab) is NULL, we must push the user that in that moment are
saving the ticket ! (user has the ticket ownership).

if I'll be able to develop a "Assignment Method"  I'll use it in"Assignment
Rule" task (as you say) !

do you think that I'm crazy ? :)

however, In conclusion, do you think is more appropriate to develop an AL that
start when you save the ticket, bypassing "Assignment Rule" task?  ;)

Thank you so much for the active collaboration Peter.

engine uses to choose an assignee.
>An assignment method (rule) is the one that has a qualification which
>will
fetch a set of assignees from a given table(assignee Table). The assignment
engine uses one of the above mentioned algorithms to choose one assignee from
the set.

>To solve your problem you need to write, 1. A rule that will describe
>your criteria. You will write the qualification
here that tells your business need. Herein you will choose the algorithm (RR or
capacity or number).
>2. A new assignment process wherein the Request form would be HPD:Help_Desk.
>
>I hope this will help you.
>
>Regards,
>Adhwari Kulkarni

of the support group's Assignee.
>Now the system does not select automatically  an Assignee, and we
>thought to
automatize the selection of Assignee at the some time of Ticket save.

>I hope I was sufficient clear , if you need more info please ask.
>Thanks in advance.
>Pietro

Are, and have been for 20 years"