I have a requirement that at first thought was no big deal.  However, it has
turned into something more than I expected.  We need our Incident form to page
out people based on Product categorizations determined by the users through a
custom form.  There are up to 100 ish people that could potentially get
notified.  I created a custom form for the users to select the categories they
wanted to be be notified on.  Then put a table on the incident form and a few
temp fields for a table loop.  The problem is that even though the Email To
field is 32000 char limit the actual Filter "Notify" Action To field is limited
to 254.  Therefore, the notifications are being cut off.  I then tried doing a
table look and in a Filter Guide adding the Notify to send a notification one
at a time.  However, this causes a significant delay in the saving of the
Incident and I get an error at the end about "Does not exist in Database".

Has anyone another idea?  I was thinking I could try using going back to the
original plan and then creating more temp fields and partitioning it out
further based on number of char.  Possibly using the listget function to
retrieve each address and only append 10 to each temp field and notifying off
those fields, however that is a lot of temp fields to create and I would assume
performance will still be an issue.

Any other ideas would be appreciated?  I am really hoping I am over thinking
this.

Thanks,

Brandi

ARS 7.6.4 sp 3

ITSM 7.6.4 sp 2

SQL

Windows

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.