From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jamie
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:52 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Open Remedy Attachment from URL in web browser

Hello List members,

I'm looking for a way to be able to open up an attachment from a Remedy form
just through a URL.  I've search and found articles regarding building an
active link using the PERFORM-ACTION-OPEN-URL function, however I'm looking
to see if there is a way to put a command within the URL to open the
attachment automatically.

For instance, you can build URLs to open up a Remedy form in search mode,
search based on a qualification and show the results.  Below is an example
of how I'm searching and bringing back results with an URL:

http://<midtier>/arsys/forms/<appserver>/<Remedy
Form>/Default+Admin+View/?mode=Query&qual='<Field Name>'%3D%22<Field
Value>%22

or

http://remedymidtier/arsys/forms/remedy/KS_ACC_Attachment/Default+Admin+View
/?mode=Query&qual='Request ID'%3D%22<Request ID Value>%22

Does anyone know of way or if it's even possible to put in more
functions/command on the URL to open the attachment stored within an
attachment field on that Remedy form?  The end result I am looking for is
that an end user would click the link and the attachment would open
automatically or at least present them with the box that allows them to save
or open the file.

Thanks for the help!