Hi All,
I am working through ARS upgrade from v5.1.2 to v8.1. Currently, on v7.6.04.
After upgrading email engine I noticed that some indices were dropped on
v7.6.04.
We have some custom fields on AR System Email Mesages form and we had index
on one of those custom fields.

Now I am trying to figure out, what is the best way to add an index.
Here's what I tried :
Created form and view overlay of AR System Email Messages form and added
index(to the overlay) in Best Practice Customization mode. But when I check
for the indices by going to Base Development mode although it it there on
Overlay in Best Practice Customization mode., I do not see that index.
Do I also need to go to Base Development mode and add that index and save
the form?

I am still confused when to use Best Practice Customization Mode and when
to use Base Development mode?
As we will be running ARS and Email Engine upgrade from v7.6.04 to v8.1
pretty soon.

Also, the index length used to be limited to 255 on v5.1.2, did that change
and the limit has been increased in v.7.6.04? As I was able to add index
but I got a warning message saying - "Index length longer than 255 bytes
may not work on all databases: AR System Email Messages."(DB is Oracle 10g).

Please advise.
Thanks in advance,
Raj