From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Grooms, Frederick W
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:57 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: SOAP Authentication while consuming web service

Username and password have always been required when consuming a Remedy
hosted web service.  8.1 does not change this.

The Integration Guide describes authenticating to a web service published by
AR System.   Basically if the AuthenticationInfo header data is not provided
in the XML the Mid-Tier uses the Anonymous User and Password settings in the
Mid-Tier configuration Web Service Settings section.

Fred