I’m leaning towards Engineer 1 and 2 being the same person :-)..

On a more serious note, why isn’t there ever a recommendation by BMC
Software on what Group ID’s would be an ideal User Range..

Off late I have resorted to a fairly large number starting at 500000000 and
above for custom development work, and to be on the safer side that BMC
would not coincidentally use that I throw a random digit or two in the
middle of it so lets say 500010000, and then next group as 500010001 and so
on in the same application, 500020000 for another unrelated application and
so on..

I know we have the archgid to save us in case BMC ever uses one of our
defined group ID’s, but it tends to get messy at times when you do that as
there is a chance those ID’s were used in application data, which will
result in a lengthy cleanup process even if you do have utilities to do
that..

I guess what I’m saying is that it would be nice to get BMC to declare a
standard on user range for Group ID’s too.

Joe

  _____