Hi,

The write-token is not reserved for the user at login. It is reserved as soon
as the user access any form "tagged" by BMC to belong to "BMC:Incident Mgmt".

If the user is directed directly to the Overview Console, the effect for all
practical purposes would be what you describe - it is reserved immediately. I
hear that this has been fixed as of version 8.1 :-)

The same is true if the user access any other console that potentially shows a
list of incidents.

The license is released when the user logs out, OR when he/she has been
inactive for the timeout period (2 hours default, minimum 1 hour). Inactive in
this case means that the client/mid-tier has not accessed any of the forms
belonging to "BMC:Incident Mgmt".

You might think that the write-token should not be reserved on a read/search
in the forms. But this has actually been how Remedy has worked from the start.

I would suggest that you upgrade to 8.1 if possible. If that is not possible,
you might argue with your BMC sales rep that this should be considered a BUG,
and to grant you additional licenses for free until it is fixed, or you have
time to upgrade. Note that I have not heard of anyone doing this, it is just
an idea.

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12):