If the old and new systems that you're going to run in parallel access the same
database
doesn't that pose a problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:38 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARS upgrade from 7.6.04 to 8.1 with Customization

Hi,

Are we talking ITSM or not?

Client side integration is very different than doing it to/from aruser.exe.
Please explain what you have to get suggestions.

Macros are typically various searches that can be converted to
form-defined-searches. Other things on newer systems could be various reports
and data exports.

You can do an upgrade with almost zero downtime if you can run the old and new
systems parallel.

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12):

> Hi,
>
> I'am planning to upgrade my ARS7.6.04 to 8.1ARS. My current ARS has
> large amount of customization and do not intend create overlays for them.
>
> Need your help to understand what all areas i need to take care of for
> this upgrade (My server's are in server group with email integration
> and i have other integration as well like WS/API and DB integration ),
> like
>
> 1. WUT Macros would not work and needs to be converted to workflow.
> 2. Any custom workflow written over the core BMC field may get lost
> during upgrade.
> 3. Any custom script solution on UserTool would not work over Mid-Tier.
>
> If anybody has attempted this before please let me know the challenges faced.
>
> Note: I've seen a previous post related to this upgrade, however it
> was more on upgrade with zero downtime line, which is currently not
> available with the product version.
>
> Regards,
> Andro WC

Are, and have been for 20 years"

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to Ohio's
public records law or under a legal privilege. If you have received this
message in error or due to an unauthorized transmission or interception, please
delete all copies from your system without disclosing, copying, or transmitting
this message.