From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe D'Souza
Sent: October 7, 2013 11:45 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: BUG14 ? BSUG14?

I don't think they can get you the codes directly - they must be using some
sort of a tracking cookie to ensure that those rooms are booked by
conference participants so the hotel could track that they were used in the
right context.

They probably then use that information to track their financial information
related to the conference - in much the same way as when you buy an air
ticket from lets say from lets say United even though you found that fare on
Kayak. You do not see that same fare available on United if you searched
United directly.

That's only my guess.

Cheers

Joe