Then the error message makes a kind of sense

\uXXXX  is the escape sequence used in Java to indicate a Unicode character

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Thad Esser
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:44 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Error on startup: Malformed \uxxxx encoding *RESOLVED*

**
Good grief.  That was it.  I had a \u in my Plugin-Log-File:  name.  The only
other \u I have in ar.cfg is for AREA:
AREA-LDAP-User-Filter: cn=$\USER$

Which doesn't seem to be causing a problem.  I'm guessing because the U is
capitalized.

I'd say that was the mother of all red herrings.  :-)

Thanks for the help,
Thad