I'm going to hijack this thread for a moment!!

Would this work for me with all of my Service Pack install woes!

1)      Stand up a new server

2)      Install service packs as overwrite and not upgrade

3)      Then point to existing DB?

I am so gun shy after having these installs fail 8+  times.  I have my test
machine that is "fresh"  I have not had a failure on it yet.  So would this
work?

ITSM 7.6.04 SP2
ARS 7.6.04 SP3
Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production