**
In France we've been hit pretty bad from last December to March. Nearly all projects (new and current upgrades / clean install / devs) have been stopped dead in the water because of the "crisis".
It was the same for other companies, I have a colleague who stayed at home for like 3 months doing nothing but cuddling his baby girl :) ...and he went half crazy...

Right now we have quite some work, but well... French market is like 6 month late compared to the US...
ITSM 8 has only been presented to French customers like last December (?) when the 8.1 was like just around the corner and French people didn't have the chance to really see MyIT yet (not speaking about Mobility, it's like 5th dimension) and we have right now our FIRST ITSM 8.1 project...
7.6.04 is still the stuff our pre-sales sale... For whatever silly / crazy / stupid reason(s).

I'd like to tell a little storty about the "not customize" thing.
I worked for a project on 7.6.04 a couple of years ago (pretty big one for France, server group, 6 ARS servers, 8 mid-tiers, DB2, blah blah blah, learned a lot there, we had a hell of a great team, was sent by my company on this BMC project).
The customer refused all customizations and indeed asked BMC to release an official hotfix for every little single thing (button, translation, bug...).
90% of the time, we could have done that ourselves, easily, with overlays and not impacting upgrades.
The reason behind this is that they were under the impression that BMC was just waiting for an opportunity / reason to stop supporting the product. It seems they heard something like "if you customize anything, we won't support you anymore", at least that's what they understood and, at that time, BMC Support had a pretty bad reputation so well, they didn't want to take the "chance".
And it was also the first 7.6.04 project in France (no SP), so overlays were still kinda "magical".

Anyway, the drawback with this scenario was that BMC did provide a ton of hotfixes and the customer couldn't upgrade anymore... Why? Because hotfixes are in base mode and it was really difficult to know what exactly changed and if the hotfix was in the SP, or how to apply the SP and then the hotfix that wasn't in the in the SP...
Other drawback is that the customer refused to touch developer studio for two years (same reason as above, BMC support and support of the solution) and when we left... Well... Was hard time for them...
Btw, they're doing fine now since they have a nice team :)

Anyway... There is some work in France. But it's true that customers try to lower wages at an extent where we accept projects when we already know we're loosing money on them...
But we got work... But we loose money... But we got work...