Thanks for your explanation
Still need some clarifications.
My assumption is that RequestId equals to an identity column on a remote
table.

If the user searches for the login "username", and the "username" is the
record with Request ID e.g. 100
the qualification evolves to a query :
select * from table where login = 'username'
or
select * from table where login like '%username%'
(depends how the search is performed)

but the getEntry function still gets 1 as an entryId.

So my question is how can I control what is being passed to the function as
an entryId.