Is your DB on the same server as the App and/or Midtier?  Is the DB server
a cluster or otherwise shared?
I've seen some DB CPU problems when there isn't enough memory allocated to
the DB itself and/or is shared.  Increasing the memory allocated to the DB
resolves the problem.  Other things I've seen is with the SQL settings -
such as whether or not Transaction logging is turned on, hot backups, etc.
Another thing to ask for might be a 15 minute SQL trace - if there's some
workflow/job that's out of control, that would help to illuminate that for
resolution on the ARS side.

HTH
Janie