Truncate the table at the DB level is the most efficient way since you do not
need to keep any of the data.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cecil, Ken <kce...@hubbell.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thu, Jan 9, 2014 3:58 pm
Subject: Cleaning up forms before migration

**

We have some backend forms with large amounts of data that we don’t care about
and would like to delete before doing a data migration.

For example FB:History has over 160 million records. What is the best way to go
about deleting data out of the forms that have gotten away from us.

I know we should have set up escalations or archiving to prevent this.

Obviously deleting them through search and delete is out of the question.  If I
set up an escalation to do it I think it would kill performance or take
forever. How do you guys go about it.  Risky SQL?

Thanks,

Ken Cecil

Confidentiality Requirement: This communication, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this communication in error and any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately by telephone or e-mail and destroy all
copies of this communication and any attachments.