We in the middle of 7.6.0 to 8.1

We got the upgrade installs complete overlays created, reconciliation done an
delta data migration complete.

One thing I wasn't prepared for though was that they are no longer using and
populating the Summary field for HPD:Worklog (ie Incident Work Info) entries.
(Using just Notes instead of Summary and Notes field) That simplifies things
but we had data in both fields.

So it looks to me like if any work log entry only had data in the Summary and
nothing in the Notes, then the data from the Summary field gets copied into the
Notes Field during the upgrade/migration process. However, if there was data in
both then they do nothing special. So on those work log entries we lose
visibility to what the Summary originally said (which could be key information).

My thought was to prefix the summary onto the Notes field for all the existing
Worklog entries unless the Summary and Notes fields are already the same.
However, since the Notes field Datatype is "Text" in SQL Server it is not
possible to do the comparison (afaik). Any ideas on what to do?

Ken Cecil

Confidentiality Requirement: This communication, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this communication in error and any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately by telephone or e-mail and destroy all
copies of this communication and any attachments.