Jason, thanks for this info.  This is what the evidence was suggesting, but
it's nice to get the confirmation.  Of course, it would've also been nice
had there been mention of this in the docs (I've added a comment to that
doc page re. this).

Thanks also for the Javascript tips...I'll certainly research it.

Cool tool Misa.  It unfortunately doesn't quite help me here since I don't
actually have any menus that need converting (and was looking to introduce
one mostly to leverage the hot key functionality), but I'm sure many will
find something like this very useful.

Thanks,
Charlie