From: Koyb P. Liabt [mailto:tekkyto...@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: Integration SCCM and CMDB

Our company is staying fixed on 7.6.4, and does not plan to upgrade any time
soon. Any idea when  AIE is being retired? I can load the data through AIE, so
is I assume there is a way in AIE to build logic so that if the CI is no longer
in SCCM during the last scan, we can remove this CI's from the dataset in the
CMDB.  Is this a difficult task to do?

The team has the Seamless Data Pump and are going to replace it.  Through
experience, the Remedy Developer ends up working with the Seamless Pump to some
degree also for troubleshooting, log analysis, and resolving any technical
issues.

**
I would suggest using Atrium Integrator rather than AIE.  You didn’t mention
what version of ARS and ITSM you are on but since AIE is basically being
retired you may want to go ahead and get familiar with AI.  I haven’t tried it
since 7.6.4 just came out, and it mostly worked then but I imagine it’s
completely functional now.

For the record, we’re investigating the Seamless Data Pump (who I believe is
owned by someone else now.)  One of the main benefits to us is that it makes a
separation of duties easier.  If we used AI or AIE then not only do we (the
Remedy team) have to maintain the software, but also the mappings, the
normalization, etc.  With this, we have sort of neutral ground and they provide
basically normalization mapping spreadsheets so the users can do it themselves
for their Product data so they can do license management.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer