What is the end goal of this request? WHY are they wanting 35 groups?
Knowing the desired result might help guide some of our thoughts and

Tim

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Champagne, Susan
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:19 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Support Groups: Best Practice?

**

Hi folks,

I'm looking to get some advice on what the best practice is regarding Remedy
support groups. I have a group of 30 support staff members, who support many
different applications, and many individual modules in some applications.
They are asking that I create individual support groups for each area of
support. This would be 35 support groups. Originally, when we built the
system in 2009 (7.0.03), we had one support group for these people, but we
used the "Assign to Individual" practice, which is becoming increasingly
more difficult as the group grows and as their support model grows. We are
now at 7.6.04.

I am looking at suggesting that we leave them in one support group, and I
would add the "Product Name" field to the assignment notification message,
allowing them to determine if the assignment is for them or not. My dilemma
is on how to convince them that this would be the best way to proceed.

Your input on this matter would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Susan Champagne

The information contained in this e-mail and document(s) attached are for
the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain confidential, privileged
and non-disclosable information. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the
addressee, such recipient is strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying,
distributing or otherwise using this e-mail or its content in any way.