I have been hesitant to bring up the topic of Cherwell on the ARSList, but
there seems to have been some interest and discussion about Cherwell last week.

First of all, I have been a Remedy consultant since the late 90’s, version 3.x.
 I have experienced all the highs and lows that everyone describes on this
list.  I would love to see BMC succeed and Remedy continue to lead.  The
reality is I have witnessed many of my colleagues drift over to SNOW and others
get out of the business completely, as we watched the competitors catch up and
some even surpass in some areas as others have pointed out.   The majority of
our business is still BMC, but a growing portion of it is now Cherwell.

Most of us are all facing similar challenges and questions from management. Why
does the licensing model have to be so confusing?, Why do upgrades have to be
so painful?, Why can’t I call support and get an onshore resource?, Why does
on-premise or on-demand feel like a lifetime commitment?, etc.  Whether or not
you feel that any of the aforementioned questions are true about BMC Remedy,
these questions are still being asked by management.

Partner IT is hosting a one hour webinar on August 14, 2014 at 1 PM EST to
discuss how Cherwell can address many of the “Why” questions we all face.  The
intended audience is not just Remedy users but rather companies that are
evaluating options.  Please contact me OFFLINE if you are interested in
attending and I will send you a more formal invitation. We will have very techy
people presenting to address anything that comes up.

Kevin Shaffer, Senior Partner
Partner IT, Inc.

Office Phone: (888) 380-8899
Cell Phone: (316) 208-5341