Everyone,

I just wanted to follow up on this topic.

There is no issue with the 8.1 patch 3 installer (well, there actually is
because it is too harsh with the error
condition when it should continue rather than fail and that is going to be
worked in the next upgrade to make
it more flexible around errors)  BUT the key is that the problem is not related
to the 8.1 patch 3 installer.

There is an issue with the 8.1 SSI install.  If you have installed the 8.1
Single Stack Installer image, there is a
reference to an internal BMC machine in a file on that installation.  The
system runs just fine with this name
in place as it is not used by the running system.  However, when you try and
upgrade, the name is picked up
by the upgrade program during some if its work and the installer will fail.

There is a KB article being prepared on this subject to tell you where the file
that was laid down is that has the
bad name and you can just remove that file and resolve the problem.

I just wanted to share that the 8.1 patch 3 installer is just fine and does not
have an issue and to offer
information to anyone who has installed using the 8.1 SSI installer that there
is an issue that they may want
to address to prevent any issue with future upgrades.

Doug Mueller