From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joel Sender
Sent: August 20, 2014 5:02 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Run Process fails without error message

**

Got a head-scratcher here:

Env: ARS 8.1.1, custom (e.g. SIMPLE) application on Win 2008 server.

A filter executes a RUN PROCESS that issues an OS command that writes a PDF
file.

Everything was working fine for weeks, but this AM it failed.

Filter logs show the command, but no results.

To debug, the OS command was changed to ‘COPY file1 to file2’

This failed as well, again, without a log entry.

We rebooted the server, without making any other changes, and now it is working.

We replaced the COPY command with the original command, and it, too, is working.

ALSO, this same server will sometimes fail to run ARPLUGINs (logging in shows
an error), and a reboot fixes it, too.

Has anyone else seen this strange behavior? My only workaround is to reboot
every night.

TIA,

Joel

Joel Sender    jdsen...@earthlink.net <mailto:jdsen...@earthlink.net>