From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Ray Gellenbeck
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 8:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Panel Holder panels expanding too much

Basics:
ARS 8.1

1.  Make a regular form with all public permissions

2.  Add a Panel Holder to the form, splitter or collapsible and give it a
height of 2000, 250 width, vertical orientation

(I use splitter but this happens with collapsible as well, tried that as a
workaround.)

3.  Add 2 or more panels into the panel holder.

4.  Give each panel a minimum size of 25, initial size of 200, maximum size of
200 ***this is the focus of this perceived bug writeup***

5.  Save the form and clear the cache on the web server

6.  Open the form and notice that the first panel expands WAAAAAYYYY past the
defined size of 200 and takes up all the available space of the panel holder
down to the second panel, which is regular/defined size.

In other words, the bug appears to be that the first panel is expanded to take
up the entire height of the panel holder field.

It's not a functionality killer, but it is a BIG source of
distraction/complaint by testers..."whoa, why is this section so huge?"

Good question.  I told the tool set to keep them small but it seems BMC has
other ideas.  I wasted a half hour or so editing all the properties and
permissions of the actual form and then set up a test form with generic objects
and confirmed the behavior there as well.

How many MONTHS is Galileo release overdue now?

Are, and have been for 20 years"