Gordon,
You said 'Java Plugin', is this a Java Plugin running in the Remedy Plugin
arena, or a plugin running on something like a Tomcat server...

When you say it's running the Data Import Tool, does that mean that it's
dropping to a command prompt and executing it in a similar manner to what
you would do manually from the server, or, as I have in the past, simply
consuming the JAR file and calling the Data Import Tool methods directly?