Can you think about staged upgrade, this may take care of missing
forms/fields/indexes in the later versions before you move to 8.1.2? just a
thought.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Carina Burns
Sent: 3 January 2015 05:53
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Help with upgrade path

I did have to apply the fix on the Schema_Archive table not because we had data
but because it was the wrong field type (Varchar2 instead of Number) and was
throwing errors.  Interestingly, yours is the second post I've found about
deleting the Flashboard forms (if you don't use them) in order to upgrade to
7.64.

I'm trying to upgrade to 8.1.2  from 7.1, and it's throwing an error about not
being able to update the FB:User Privilege form.  It says the form doesn't
exist (and sure enough, it isn't there when looking with Developer Studio).  I
am starting to think that with the ARS Server upgrade option, it expects
certain forms to be there from earlier upgrades and hence doesn't import them.
I will try deleting the flash board forms and running the upgrade again to see
if it loads them all.

Another point is that I get unique index errors in the upgrade logs about the
ADF_ServerApps and ADF_GroupUser forms...Neither of those forms show up when
looking with Developer Studio either.   I find it amusing that it gives index
violation errors since I don't have these forms on my 7.1 install meaning
clearly I can't have duplicate records!

It's really looking like I may have to stair step my upgrade from 7.1 to 7.5 to
7.64 and then to 8.1.2.   Although support at BMC is convinced that I should be
able to go from 7.1 to 8.1.2 because I have only custom forms and no mods to
the stock ARS forms.

I have a crazy idea that I may try.  Before I went down the thorny upgrade
path, I did a "new install" of the 8.1.2 server to get all the binaries onto
the new machine.  Before truncating everything and importing my 7.1 ARADMIN
schema, I did a database export of the pristine ARADMIN schema. I'm really
tempted to export off my upgraded 7.1 ARADMIN schema then reload that pristine
ARADMIN schema.  I would then export the definitions for the forms the upgrade
installer thinks I am missing and then bring the upgraded 7.1 ARADMIN schema
back in, import the definitions for those forms, and then run the upgrade
installer for ARS 8.1.2 again.

Yup, crazy.  But my other alternatives if I can't straight upgrade is to SLOWLY
go thru each upgrade or do a "new install" and import my custom forms and data
with migrator.

Are, and have been for 20 years"