From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of KathyMorris
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:44 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Upgrade to 8.1 AR/ITSM

**
Hi,

We are upgrading from 7.0.3 ITSM /AR 7.5 (highly customized) to 8.1.  I would
like to find out from other experts - which approach would you take? A) A new
8.1 install and copy objects over after converting the custom code to overlays
or B) Copy over point database and point to the new instance? upgrade in place?
 We have a preference already, just want to confirm.   Also, what are some
gotcha's that we need to look out for.  I have been doing lots or reading,
however I want to make sure this upgrade runs as smooth as possible so your
feedback is appreciated.