What are your environments you'll tried installing on which failed?

I did the stack install that restores a database so is the shortest way to
stand up the system if it's a fresh install. The actual install after I had
everything I needed in place took just a couple of hours or so.

Apart from dealing with database size limits (which was removed on a
specific release of MS-SQL 2008 Express) when installing on MS-SQL Express
database hosted on Windows 7 Professional, I had no issues. This probably is
not your issue depending what database and version you are on.

Cheers

Joe

  _____