The Site is required to add a new CTM:People record.

If using ARDBC, create a staging form. Push AD data to the Staging form.
In Remedy, for each Company whose data comes from AD, add a default Site -
something like "Need to Update".
Using workflow, update your Staging form records with the default Site by
Company instead of what AD holds.
Have the Staging form push the completed data set to CTM:People.
Use a "Need to Update" search against CTM:People to return which records to
update.

By choosing to change AD data manually for Remedy, the Remedy admins end up
"owning" data. No one else is required to consider data integrity. WRONG
approach. See if you can get your customer to designate a data owner and
determine the data gold source. Push AD data to your Staging form. Run some
workflow to normalize the data from what AD presents to what Remedy needs.
Push the data set to CTM:People. Run reports and use CTM:People data content
to require a change to AD.
Example: AD Office field reads Alex and Remedy Site needs to have
Alexandria. Create workflow against your Staging form to modify Office =
Alex to Site=Alexandria prior to pushing the data.

Thank you,

Sandra