Hello Doug,

To my knowledge, the AST:Attribute is not linked to the CMDB record with its
InstanceID, but rather with its ReconciliationID (in Atrium 8.0 at least). This
has the effect that one AST:Attribute is related to multiple CI records though
different datasets. Of course, those multiple CI records do represent only one
physical CI in reality as the records are reconciled. However, I feel a little
awkward when I read " It is critical that the Instance ID in the AST:Attribute
record match the instance ID”, because you have different instance IDs through
different datasets, while only one AST:Attribute.

So my question: “why is it critical” ?

Thanks for your support.

Jean-Louis Halleux
supp...@arsmarts.com