The most common way I have seen discussed is actually an 'upgrade in place
on new hardware'

That meaning, to standup a new server, install the current version of
Remedy onto it, restore the prod DB to it, and follow the recommend upgrade
path to bring it to the latest version/patch that you are moving to, then
do vigorous testing to ensure that everything is cool...then do a DDM of
data from current prod over to 'new prod'....and release it back into the
wild.