Hi Stefano

No it looks like the script is not getting the database name for some reason
or is loosing it.

The line above the error you have should be:

seq1-out using database swissprot

i.e. should provide the name of the database you are using.

Attached is a run_blastx script that works for me. As you know you need to
define BLATMAT, BLASTDB and the path to blast.

Regards
Tim