All,

I tried to shop AP yesterday- I really did.  I drove in, around, and
out.  For an out-of-towner, it's hard to figure out where to park
safely, where the stores are, and why I would buy something there.
The open businesses are widely separated except for Main Street.
The city still looks in transition but it's hard to tell which way-
up or down.  I drive to AP every month or two- I see differences but
it's hard to ignore to decay.

It's hard to see which way the place is going- upscale, rich people,
exclusive only or common person, middle class, me.

Maybe it's just me, I'm confused, but I'll bet the malls were
packed.  I prefer the little shops with the owner usually there to
the big you-are-just-a-number type stores.

I drove on to Belmar, had a sandwich at Freedman's, walked to
Taylor's hardware to see the train display.  Drove to Spring Lake,
then to Manasquan.  Except for the sandwich, I didn't buy a thing.

I did send an email to the asburyguild that they need a map on their
website that I can print out showing me the open businesses so I can
at least target the area I'm interested in.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM