Here's a thought: what if the third appraisal comes in high, let's
say $2.5 mm. From what I've heard, the 3rd appraisal's decision is
FINAL. Is Asbury Partners REQUIRED to pay it, or can they back out?
If required to pay, they could then threaten bankruptcy, hold up the
entire redevelopment & try to negotiate down. If they are not
required, can the city sell that parcel to a subdeveloper directly,
and not have to pay a markup to the middleman, Asbury Partners?

I wish I had a camera on Wed to take a picture of the grimace on
Larry F's face when Dan was throwing out numbers. It looks like he's
not very good at poker & I think the residents have called his hand.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM