In a message dated 1/25/2005 11:36:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The people that buy
there won't buy here. They are too afraid and prejudice. Knowing
people in other towns I've learned that AP is a bad word to them.
They will flock to the restaurants on weekend nights but would never
buy here.
I fully agree about the above - for now.  I lived for over four years in downtown Jersey City when it wasn't the place to live and I couldn't believe the reaction I would get from people.  It actually got to the point where I would enjoy the negative reaction as there was no preconceived notion anyone would or could have.  I also have always believed in Asbury - one mile of  beautiful beaches one hour from Manhatten - it's a no brainer.  People like to bash what they don't know or understand and it's funny, but I liked JC better when it was hated as we were all more of a united front and I learned alot living there.  Now that the people who would live in LBI would live in JC and almost everyone accepts it as Hoboken South, it seems to be much colder.

Bill