In a message dated 1/26/2005 10:27:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Dealing with statistics
every day I always remember the old adage, "statistics are like a
whore, you can do whatever you want with them once you get them
down."
Dan,

While I agree with the senitment that your metaphor above elucidates, as a social justice educator I do have to comment that such imagery, even if done unknowingly, can lend itself to less than desirable outcomes, specifically violence against women.

I usually would make criticism like this in private, but I perceived this opportunity as a teaching moment that might be helpful to many.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Peace, Jim Keady