What happen Thursday Night at the council meeting.
Kevin Sanders changed his mind and agreed with the public and did not help enrich another developer. .....................Why did he have a change of heart?.
This project was being push by the mayor, driven by Hazel Samuel, endorsed by the city manager,  legitimized by the city lawyer, and the substitute planner was the rubber stamp for the developer.
You should be asking yourself ...........this. Never before did the council fail to give a big developer a helping hand. Never before, did 10, 20, 30 naysayers change the council's goal of helping big developers. At one meeting, Ernie Cody, a vocal city resident ( local government involvement for 15 years, a town mayor for 4 years, has a CFO degree, and never liked Terry Weldon) asked  the council to pass a motion not to go ahead with this redevelopment plan. They would not co-operate. You had to be there.
I am giving you a very short versions of what happen in the pass three and half years. I'm sure that somebody.............. will take the time to say this is not what happen.
O. K., but this is what I remember from the back of the council chambers. That is why you should come to all meetings if you want to protect your future finances.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor