I agree wholeheartedly with you that voting in Asbury Park is NOT the
primary issue.  When I owned a home in Ocean Grove, I overlooked the
southern portion of Asbury for nine years and loved and lamented
it.  In all that time, I voted in Manhattan - not the Grove, not
Asbury.  But, like many non-residents of AP, I supported it with my
time and dollars.

As an aside, if you are a RENTER in NYC, that address must serve as
your primary residence.  Hence, you must vote in NYC.  If you own
your apartment, of course, it's a different story.  There must be
many Manhattanites currently owning homes in AP who cannot vote
here.  Certainly they should not be denied a voice in its future.

And let's all spell his name right:  Gerry.

Maire Martello
Little Silver (not Asbury)

-- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bob73121" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>