Although my history in Asbury goes back to the early 60's when as a 6
year old we would walk the boards from Bradley Beach to Asbury, meet up
with Cousins and friends, be given 5 bucks each and sent off into the
night to enjoy the splendor that was Asbury Park, it is just over a year
ago that I started working in Asbury every day. Even being less than a
block from the boardwalk and the beach and Ocean, I hardly ever took
that short walk to enjoy the ocean and the beach. Yesterday I decided a
short, 1 block walk to the beach was  in order and I did so. I walked up
2nd ave onto the boards, hit  the rail, took in the  glory that is the
Atlantic Ocean and the Sea Gulls hovering over it. I breathed deep the
salt air, the elixir  of nature, and, once I had enough of all that
poetry I turned  and  spray painted on one of those little decaying
buildings was a bit of graffiti that cracked me up with it's wit and
wisdom, let alone philosophic brilliance. I suspect only that Bruce
fellow could have come up with it, maybe it's a lyric on his forthcoming
album. Anyway...."Asbury Park...where debris meets the sea".

There you have it, it is up to you to decide what that debris is
composed of, perhaps it's fishman, or perhaps it's toil and corruption,
or maybe, just maybe, it's just old fashioned garbage.