> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Skip Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What's The Fish gonna do; steal the Pony from himself?
> >

> Sorry, I looked into it already, the city can't condemn any property
in
> the waterfront without Asbury Partners, permission.

Just some clarification. The only entity that can exercise the power of
eminent domain is the City. They do not need the permission of anyone.
The process is that Asbury Partners makes a request of the City to use
that power.

In the case of the Stone Pony, Asbury Partners (or some subsidiary) now
owns it and can close it/raze it any time they want to. The clause in
the Plan regarding the 6 month window was drafted prior to the sale,
and is therefore moot.

The threat to the Pony now is clear, the developer owns it and can
sell/redevelope the site. Read this weeks Coaster regarding the 10 Most
endangered list by Preservation NJ. I submitted the inital application
to get the ball rolling.

-insert signature-

Werner Baumgartner - (Historian, Engineer and Landlord) in Exile