At 1:46 AM +0000 5/12/05, jerseyjohn99 wrote:
>Didn't mention anything about registered voters, I only focused on
>actual voters. With all the "get out the vote" initiatives in the last
>few elections, I'm sure a lot of those registrations were never
>updated to reflect moves, deaths, or alien abductions. 25% voter
>turnout means nothing to me, only that the voter rolls are at least
>25% correct.

Point taken.. I stand corrected. You did not mention anything about registered
voters. See how easy it is to lump people into groups?

Here's one for you to spin... In the November 2004 General Election, 4,257
voters went to the polls in Asbury Park. Assuming the 2342 "missing voters"
(4,257 - 1,915) have been forced out of town due to redevelopment and/or
gentrification ;-) ... How many Kate Mellina years will it take for 75% of the
population to be displaced. (permission granted to dust off the 2000 census
numbers for this one.) ~joe