Title: Re: [AsburyPark] Deju vu (all over again)
On 6/1/05 12:56 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In a message dated 5/31/2005 11:35:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
What is written above is why many of us sound "negative" on this board.  The
fact is that, for whatever reason, the Council put their faith in Asbury
Partners to do the things that the City could not do.
I am deeply disturbed by this as well.  I actually gained some significant insight into where Kate Melinna stood/stands on the relationship with Asbury Partners via her recent column in the Coaster.  From her writing, I gathered that she sees the relationship as friends working on a project together.  Thus her desire to just work "in good faith" and hope for the best.

This is not how business of this sort can or should be done.  When the state or federal government enters into a contract of the likes of our redevelopment agreement, there are clear timelines and penalties for lack of performance.  If the agreed upon deadlines are not met, then there are serious financial penalties.  That is standard - except in our agreement.

Upon taking office I will work to do what is possible via the existing agreement although it is significantly flawed in the aforementioned regard.

More power to you Jim!