joe-
i find it very amusing that you criticized my one "snarky" comment when you are the king of it.  did you read your email before you sent it out?  Did you really ask me if I knew if there was a lake with a one-mile circumference nearby?  That was the course route that we were originally given!!  Not even the whole lake because we couldn't interfere with Sunday church traffic.  We were given the loop around the park in front of Convention Hall and the city moved us because of road construction.

Who is going to pay for the towing charges?  The same people that will pay when their cars are towed for the 4th of july parade next week.  The owners of the cars.  Parking on a city street is a privilege not a right.  Were they given enough notice?  Ask the AP police.

I was marshalling the race by the Ocean Grove bridge for a short while.  Many people came walking over from there because they were curious what was going on.  We sent them across the road safely and told them to check out the race and the business that were open in town.  You also complained that the bike racers left town without buying any artwork or anything even though they had been there since the early morning.  I said from the beginning that it wasn't going to be a windfall for all the business but it created foot traffic on Cookman that would have never been there on a Sunday morning.  And didn't you want them to leave so their parking spaces would be free for all the other people coming down to Cookman at 1pm on a Sunday?

I regret that the VFW had to cancel Bingo on such short notice.  I regret that it interfered with the Father's Day brunch walk but still find it unbelievable that people that had plans to go to that turned away because of parking.   And again, I deeply regret not getting the kids of Asbury involved but it was hard to do with such little time and complications with the course change.

Let's completely forget about the bike race.  What is AP going to do a year from when all those condos are filled with residents?  They are all going to be parking on the street and taking spaces away from the businesses.  What about the 3-4000 sq foot place you are looking to get donated for the GLBT community center?  If you open on or around Cookman, are your visitors going to be taking parking spaces away from the merchants.  The rejunenation of AP is only in its infant stages and we already sound like Red Bank....

Thanks to all the people who came out as volunteers and spectators.  Thank you also to the people who have offered me helpful suggestions and advice.

Regards,
Kerri

Discover Yahoo!