The City hired Lou under contract, with duties contained therein, stating what
his duties were, etc., the pay was an incentive for him to become the Police
Director WITH olice powers, etc., arrest powers, which is why he went on patrol
and the question he asked those white kids is the same question that any Black
that has lived here over time knows that a portion of the west side is where
the small-time dope dealers hang out! Springwood, Borden, DeWitt, Bangs, and
the notorious Prospect ave., right by the Middle School. Once you are trusted
here, Blacks will tell you, "don't let your kids hang down here"! Funny thing
is, a Black person couldn't get a good hair cut UNLESS they went on the "Av"! I
attended St. Peter Claver's church. I HAD to go down there. I wasn't afraid of
my people, I was afraid of the "rep"! My kids went to Catechism 3 times a week
there, but the Sisters picked them up and brought them home. A frien opened a
restaurant across the street but now it's a drug hang-out corner! Just drive by
and evening or certain time of the day and you'll probably see anything on that
corner. God on one side and Crime on the other!

Sharon Boone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please note: message attached

--- Begin Message --- Abdualtalac:

I didn't have a problem when Lou Jordan signed a contract for
$104,000.00 per yer.

My problem is when the Court decalred that it was illegal for him to
do most of the things his contract called for, he didn't have his
salary cut.

For instance, let's say I hire a gardner to cut my front lawn and my
back lawn for $100.  Then a Court rules he is not allowed to cut my
back lawn anymore.  Do I still pay him $100 to cut just the front
lawn?  Shouldn't I get a discount now that he has half the work to
do?

So as a taxpayer, why weren't you upset when Lou got to do half his
job for full salary?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> It's funny that everytime louis jordans name is mention, the first
thing that comes out is how much money he is making. It's just like
i said, they don't want him  making that much money.

he must be held accountable.  I am dissapointed that the mayor says
he does not agree with this.  Again if the man can get the job done,
and he has had plenty of time, then someone else should be brought
in.  Congrats to the city manager for taking this action.

> On the restore radio site it says this is "sad news".  Maybe
Maureen would like to define sad.  Sad because the man is losing his
job or is this sad for Asbury?  Maybe Maureen has additional
information?

> bluebishop82 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't understand any support for Jordan.
>
> First, we hired him for over $100,000.00 to do a job that was
> spelled out in his contract.  The Court ruled most of that job he
is
> not allowed to do by law.  I thought for sure he would be let go
> then. Isn't anyone upset that he doesn't have to work at the job
we
> hired him to do anymore yet he still gets his $100,000?
>
> Second, crime is up in Asbury Park under Lou Jordan.
>
> Third, most Downtown businesses have been burglarized under Lou
> Jordan, some several times.  He has made no changes to try to
combat
> that.
>
> Fourth, some of his resume is an exaggeration.
>
> Fifth, the police department is in a complete state of disarray
> because of him.  The officers have given him a vote of "no
> confidence." He has broken the chain of command there.  There are
> lawsuits regarding his intentionally passing over white officers
for
> promotion, and several Black officers signed affidavits confirming
> that the white officers are telling the truth. The police don't
want
> to work with him, and the morale there is at its worst in the
> history of the department.
>
> Sixth, his use of the resources we have is lacking.  Only one guy
> per shift dusts for prints.  If he is busy, you don't get the
> services.  On some Friday and Saturday nights, we have had as few
as
> 2 officers on patrol - that's not enough.
>
> Seventh, people have complained that they have called the Police
> Department for service, only to be told, "Too busy - can't help
you."

> Eighth, you can't get paperwork under an OPRA request from
Jordan's
> department, which is a violation of the law.
>
> Ninth, his stopping people based upon race in their cars and
> harassing them was a terrible embarrassment to Asbury Park.
>
> Tenth, some of his comments are simply made up.  Lou once stated
> that he lived through segregated beaches in Asbury Park.  Unless
> he's almost 80, he didn't.
>
> Eleventh, when he was wearing the uniform, he completely
> disrespected it by wearing 5 stars.  Only Newark's Chief can wear
5
> stars.  When the Chiefs complained, Lou took off the stars and
> donned Eagles on his lapel, elevating himself to a full-blown
> Colonel, above the Chiefs.  This is disrespectful in a Para-
military
> organization.  He's an embarrassment.
>
> Where exactly is the up side to keeping this guy?
>
> The whole "police director" experiment should be ended here in
> Asbury Park. It was an attempt by a previous City Counsel to
> exercise control of the Department.  It failed.  Professional
Police